WIP:New Super Mario Bros./Unused Actors and Settings
Has three modes, determined by nybble 4:
- 0 = Stretch up & down
- 1 = Depress while stood on
- 2 = Solid
If set to 0, it moves up and down by itself, propelling physics-affected objects above, including the player, into the air.
Its texture (pictured) seems to be a early Brick Block animation sprite sheet. You can see very similar (if not identical) graphics in multiple prerelease materials. The texture appears cropped and darker in-game.
Unused Actor Settings
Pipe Piranha Plants
|23, 24, 25, 26||23, 24, 25, 26|
The Piranha Plant in Pipe actors have support for firing multiple fireballs. A setting like this was used in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
If nybble 12 is 2 the Cheep Cheep bounces on the water. 3 means it "climbs" walls. Nybble 10 determines the starting direction for the climbing.
If nybble 12 is 1 it moves faster than usual.
If nybble 12 is 1 it move faster than usual. A setting like this was used in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
Enemy Generator for Pipe
If nybble 12 is 1 this actor generates enemies more slowly. A setting like this was used in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
If nybble 12 is 1, all the blocks turn into used blocks when the fourth block is spawned.
|21||0, 1, 2, 3, 4,|
5, 6, 7, 8, 9
The Player actor has multiple sprites associated with it for reasons unknown. Sprites x isn't used.
The Flip Fence actor has two sprites associated with it for reasons unknown. Sprite 85 isn't used.
|325||10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 60,|
61, 81, 87, 97, 112, 121, 133, 134, 135, 137,
138, 139, 151, 153, 154, 156, 159, 160, 161,
163, 170, 172, 176, 177, 178, 179, 181, 182,
184, 188, 190, 200, 201, 202, 208, 214, 215,
216, 217, 221, 225, 230, 240, 253, 267, 288
A placeholder actor is used to fill up many unused sprite slots.
Unused Actor Parameters
The actor number(s) is in parenthesis.
- (79) Dorrie sprites can be triggered by a flag to turn to the right from facing the front and start moving. They also have a setting to face the left, the back and the front. They have values that can be used to make them spawn with different sizes than are used in the game.
- (82) Expandable Block [describe].
- (90) Swoopers have a value that makes them bigger. They have a value can shift their position by half a block and a value that can shift their hitbox by half a block.
- (94) Koopa Troopas have a setting that makes them spawn as an empty shell. If the color setting is blue, the Koopa exhibits it's early behaviour, described in prerelase materials; the shell has to be ground-pounded to power-up as Blue Shell Mario.
- (111) Wigglers have a setting that makes them bigger, but they have glitchy hitboxes and animations.
- (113) Bowser Jr. [nybbles/values for different behaviours].
- (114) Boss Activators can be triggered by a flag, but they never are. They just wait until Mario is in the zone associated with the sprite.
- (117) Scuttlebug [nybble/value for different behaviour when stomped]
- (125) Arrow [nybble for making player appear behind the actor].
- (127) Splunkin [nybble for acting as if they were hit].
- (149) Kab-omb [nybble for not getting lit by raining debris?].
- (134) Toadsworth [value for unused type of Toad House?].
- (165,166,171,172,173,174,182,183,186) A lot of platforms can be shown/hidden by flags.
- (175) Three Platform Wheels have a nybble that makes the platforms longer.
- (195) Moving Mushrooms have a nybble that causes the platform to ride on lines.
- (198) Balance Platform [has values/nybbles for different movement]
- (206) Tile God Event [unused tiles that can be created, unused patterns?]
- (208) Floating Barrel [have a nybble that starts them submerged].
- (230) Drawbridge's movement can be switched on and off by flags.
- (237) Springboards have a nybble that makes the Springboard larger and bounce Mario higher. You can also get it stuck in walls.
- (242-247) Switches have an [nybble/value] that prevents the music from being interuppted by the clock-ticking noise (confirm). They also have an [nybble/value] that makes them act sortof like the Platform Switches (the orange blocks) [confirm] [describe better].
- (258) Hanged ? Block [has unused content values].
- (250) Hanging bouncing ? block [has unused content values].
- (256) Roulette Block [has unused content values].
- (259) Blockhopper [has unused content values].
- (260) Flying ? Block [has unused content values].